Man does not live by breakfast alone, so we’re happy to recommend some restaurants for lunch or dinner.
From Henniker House you can walk up river to Daniel’s Restaurant & Pub, Main St, Casual dining or Sonny’s Main Street Restaurant 603–428-4444. Both have the same view of the Contoocook River that we do. Pick up a sandwich from St. George’s Café for a picnic lunch – Bridge St. 603-428-4455.
About 8 miles west in Hillsborough are:
- High Tide – Great summertime spot for seafood, chicken, and burgers
- Mediterrano – Yummy Turkish & Mediterranean entrees
- Tooky Mills Pub – Fun pub food on the river
- Taco Beyondo! – Little place that’s big on fresh authentic Mexican food
And about 8 miles the other way in Contoocook:
- The Everyday Cafe & Pub – For tasty sandwiches, specials, and craft beers
- The Covered Bridge Restaurant – Charming and relaxed; American fare with international flair
We try to take at least one trip each Fall into the White Mountains and enjoy a grand meal. The Café Lafayette Dinner Train serves up fine dining in historic rail cars as the train moves along the Pemigewasset River.
10 Ramsdell Rd. at the corner of Main St.
P.O. Box 191, Henniker, NH 03242
Latitude: 43.179684 Longitude: -71.819204